On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 02:10:45PM +0100, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 06:53:43PM -0500, Brad Smith wrote:
> > <.................................> It'll be a lot easier to have an HTML5
> > compliant browser with support for WebRTC all over the place then it will
> > be to get some of these services using proprietary protocols, plugins, and
> > host apps to be ported all over the place.
>
> I'm not sure it's all that easy. Effectively, HTML5 turns out being equal to
> OOXML and flash in terms of reimplementation possibility: albeit quite trivial
> to reimplement in terms of specs availability, the task is too huge to
> undertake for a community project.

Which community is this relevant to? A niche browser literally no one uses?

The relevant rendering engines that count already have support and its much
easier to reimplment WebRTC over Flash. WebRTC is fully open spec and has
already been done. Flash is not and has not been done.

believed to be clean.