On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 06:53:43PM -0500, Brad Smith wrote:
> <.................................> It'll be a lot easier to have an HTML5
> compliant browser with support for WebRTC all over the place then it will
> be to get some of these services using proprietary protocols, plugins, and
> host apps to be ported all over the place.

I'm not sure it's all that easy. Effectively, HTML5 turns out being equal to
OOXML and flash in terms of reimplementation possibility: albeit quite trivial
to reimplement in terms of specs availability, the task is too huge to
undertake for a community project.

That is: one may compute standard usefulness theoretical limit as:

 int
 max_useful (int lastpageno)
 {
     return 100 / lastpageno;
 }

One may notice that even minimalist web browsers (dwb, surf, uzbl, xombrero)
end up depending on D-BUS and GNOME components. Hell, even Qt-based Arora
pulls dconf. Given the recent (well, not quite recent) news from GNOME
project, in several years it might be easier to implement proper Jingle
support to non-GTK-based jabber client then porting recent
Firefox/Chromium/<your browser here> to OpenBSD.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff