Hi,

On Saturday, May 18, 2013 16:32 CEST, Tito Mari Francis Escaño
<titomarifran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good day,
> I tried to install OpenBSD 5.3 64-bit on VMware Workstation 9.x and so far
> it's working like a charm.
> I next tried to install WindowMaker, to override the default twm, I created
> an .xinitrc file on home directory with just one entry: wmaker. When I
> typed startx, as expected, the X window manager is WindowMaker.
> I then installed GWorkspace, and to run it, I have to type in the xterm
> window: GWorkspace.
> I read the man page on startx, I tried to follow the example of
> /etc/X11/init/xinitrc where it ran "fcwm || xterm" to run xterm after the
> default WM started, by creating an <home dir>/.xinitrc with "wmaker ||
> GWorkspace" but it doesn't seem to work.
> Can somebody please give me pointers how I can run GWorkspace automatically
> when I start X with WindowMaker as WM?
> Thank you very much.

just install the gnustep-desktop meta package:
sudo pkg_add -i gnustep-desktop

then, I have this in my .xsession file in order to start windowmaker and
GWorkspace:

if [ -f /usr/local/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh ];then
        . /usr/local/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
fi

export GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING=NSUTF8StringEncoding
export LC_ALL='en_EN.UTF-8'
export LC_CTYPE='en_US.UTF-8'
if [ -x /usr/local/bin/gpbs ];then
        /usr/local/bin/gpbs
fi
if [ -x /usr/local/bin/gdnc ];then
        /usr/local/bin/gdnc
fi
wmaker &

if [ -x /usr/local/bin/GWorkspace ];then
        /usr/local/bin/make_services
        /usr/local/bin/GWorkspace
fi

cheers,