Hello again Sebastian,
As you advised I was able to successfully install most if not all the
apps that are to be included with the gnustep-desktop meta-package.
One thing I observed is that the behavior is buggy. For example, in
the GWorkspace menu, I selected the Info->Preferences menu, this will
open up a Gworkspace Preferences window where there's a pulldown, I
chose from the pulldown the Terminal option, clicked on the textbox
with the label xterm hoping to replace it with the GNUstep-native
Terminal.app. After clicking on that textbox, the cursor will change
into an I-cursor, AND STAY SO thorughout the system until I restart X
again by clicking on the GWorkspace Quit menu option. Is this an
already reported bug?
Being a DIY system, I patiently took time to edit the .xinitrc to only
have 'wmaker' as entry, then from the xterm session, run the command
to run the likes of Gorm, ProjectCenter and GNUMail, once they run,
their icon will appear on the bottom left, I will drag them
individually on the right to group them together, then on the
WindowMaker Application menu, click on Session->Save Session, and
click on Session->Exit, check the 'Save Workspace State' checkbox,
then click on the 'Exit' button to ensure that the icons of the
GNUstep-native apps remain on the desktop once I change my .xinitrc
file to contain the changes I described from last email. Is there a
way to simplify this for the common user?
I really like the GNUstep and OpenBSD tandem, it's so cool, hope this
would be one of the desktop options in OBSD. Thank you very much and
look forward to help test and refine GNUstep on OBSD.