Thanks for the pointers SEbastian :)
I tried creating an xsession or .xsession file with those contents but they
didn't work. Following your example, what I did instead was to create on
the home dir the file .xinitrc with the following content:
wmaker &
/usr/local/bin/gpbs
/usr/local/bin/gndc
/usr/local/bin/make_services
/usr/local/bin/GWorkspace

This enabled me to run X with the WindowMaker and automatically starting
GWorkspace, with the effect that exits X11 when I Quit GWorkspace. Thank
you very much. Now my next task is to run the installed apps when I ran the
command:
pkg_add gnustep-desktop

Maybe you can further advise me on this. I'm very grateful. Thank you very
much.