> Sigh, Theo. Seriously I am asking for your help to find out the
> issue as its unique to OpenBSD.

> Stop ranting away on the demerits of disabling apm (and now pci - right!
> wtf?!).

Then stop justifying your blind following of what you read  on the web.
It looks too much like incompetence.

> Like dude, have you never tried variations of anything except
> default bsd kernel? Why is tinkering (and not even permanent - just
> dmesg outputs) considered such an anathema?

Hey, stick a screw driver into your ear.  Does it help anything?  No.
And that is why it is discouraged.

Don't use boot -c thinking it will fix things for you.

It won't.  That is not what it is for.

boot -c is not a magic tool that solves bugs.  From time to time I
wonder if we should delete it.  It looks like it is only used by people
who read web pages.