On 2014-10-20 13:08, Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
On 20-10-2014 09:08, Louis Bailleul wrote:
I am using openvpn (with tun interfaces) and quagga to do something
similar between two linux boxes .

I experienced that exact issue a while back and managed to solve it by
accident while upgrading openvpn ...

I am currently using OpenVPN 2.2.1 x86_64-linux-gnu and quagga 0.99.23.1
You're misleading the OP. Different software running on linux. You can't
magically make openvpn to multicast just by upgrading it. Also, if I'm
not mistaken, quagga can be told to sent OSPF HELLO packets directly to
an ip address instead of resorting to multicast. This would surely make
it work with a routed openvpn tunnel.

Cheers

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type
application/pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]

Just to be clear, I did not say that the solution was to upgrade or anything else.

But I think that asking someone to check the versions of the software he is running might be a step before asking him to change his setup ...

But thanks for reminding me to keep my mouth shut the next time I think I could be helpful.