Sat, 25 Jun 2016 12:20:04 +0200 Paolo Aglialoro <paol...@gmail.com>
> Just had a look to kontron.
>
> This ARM model operates from -40°C to +85°C, simply unbelievable.

[http://www.kontron.com/industries/automation/motherboards/pitx/ktam3874-pitx
.html]

I could also recommend a review of all other products specifically in
category motherboards, as the other form factors may be quite special
application systems outside general use scope, still very intriguing:

Kontron: Boards and Standard Form Factors - Motherboards
[http://www.kontron.com/products/boards-and-standard-form-factors/motherboard
s/]

There are different Intel Atom, Core and Xeon CPUs, multiple ITX & ATX
form factor boards, AMD, Nvidia and Arm CPUs and GPUs, embedded & long
term boards, accessories, special form factor and industrial products.

Somebody on the list was previously (a while back) asking about thin
mini-ITX system boars, here is one such new offer from this company:

Kontron: mITX-E38 Intel Atom E38xx SoC (1, 2 or 4 cores), TDP: 5-10W
[http://www.kontron.com/products/boards-and-standard-form-factors/motherboard
s/mini-itx/mitx-e38.html]

This looks like desktop replacement low wattage system with 7 yrs life:

Kontron: mITX-BDW-U Intel Core 5thG 14nm Core CPUs w/ 19V power & M.2
[http://www.kontron.com/products/boards-and-standard-form-factors/motherboard
s/mini-itx/mitx-bdw-u.html]

Product lines go from avionics to defence, medical, telecom, vehicle,
industrial, rack, rugged and panel displays and PC's, these obviously
represent a much broader range than just network appliances, see here:

Kontron: Products
[http://www.kontron.com/products]

I am mostly interested in the area of OpenBSD and the x86 architecture.

Please note, I am not related in any way to this company, just came up
with them a while ago and was interested if somebody else got a chance
to interact with any of these products.  Thanks for the time to review.