If your customer is not satisfied by simply pointing to the terms that
cover the whole of OpenBSD, and if they insist on some kind of audit of the
whole tree.....

Well then, offer it - but charge more.

Point out that what they're asking for would be unreasonably complex and
expensive no matter what third-party code is being used.

If they're worried about some kind of liability for using OpenBSD, offer to
idemnify them.

Personally, any contract for development work I ever sign has clauses
stating that all code is either 100% my own work (often with the copyright
assigned as work under hire) or licensed under a free software license
acceptable to the client (client specifies what licenses they're happy
with).

I generally find that technically knowledgeable  clients are happy for me
to use BSD and MIT type licenses without asking, and GPLv2 if there's no
decent alternative.

Clients who are not technically knowledgeable will usually be happy to
trust my judgement and settle on the same policy after a few minutes of
explanation.

If your client is being paranoid about licensing and copyright issues to
the point you're seriously considering what's basically an audit of the
OpenBSD tree, I'd question if they're going to be unreasonable on other
matters too.

It may be the case that your client's lawyer is being paranoid about
liability, so ask them to draft an idemnification clause in the contract
and if they're not happy with that, charge them for the large and expensive
task of auditing OpenBSD.

Ultimately, if they're unwilling to accept the reasonable path and don't
want to pay for the extra work, drop them. It's not worth it.