Roderick <hru...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2018, meg...@r53sound.com wrote:
>
>> Have you tried increasing  datasize-cur and -max under "default:\"
>> in /etc/login.conf ? I have mine set to 2048M
>
> I have 512 MB there. My computer has 1024MB Ram. For what does firefox
> need so much memory?!

Mine is set to 2048M also. I almost never have Firefox crashes
esp. on newer builds from Landry Breuil as described here:

  https://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20170425173917

I Run three or four browser profiles simultaneously, use Gmail, Google
Docs, Google Sheets, etc. quite well. With Firefox Quantum it's even
more stable than Chromium which is the reverse of my prior experience
using Google services.

> I only need a browser.

Surf? w3m?

Allan