On Fri, 26 Jan 2018, Allan Streib wrote:

> Mine is set to 2048M also. I almost never have Firefox crashes
> esp. on newer builds from Landry Breuil as described here:
>
>   https://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20170425173917

(1) "even *running* firefox on an i386 netbook with 1Gb of memory is
unbearable."

(2) "PS: No i can't do anything about the crashes or the OOMs ! Send your
reports directly upstream !"

The Browser is a program I need that needs by far much more resources
than any other program I need.

> > I only need a browser.
>
> Surf? w3m?

w3m is a phantastic tool! When it gets unbearable, I copy the location
from firefox and feed w3m with it.

I will try later surf.

iridium does not convince me till now. It seems to be a new browser
(different from chrome) as any linux distribution is a new operating
system. It seems to be slower than firefox, the window for everything
(url, search, etc) is a risk.

Rodrigo.