On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 17:50:02 +0000

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 17:13:47 +0000 (GMT)
>

> > (1) "even *running* firefox on an i386 netbook with 1Gb of memory
> > is unbearable."
>
> We still have a 1.73 Ghz 1.5 Gigabyte Ram laptop that does OK with
> firefox. It is running fvwm 1 as a desktop though which requires
> clicks occasionally for some windows to show these days?

Oh and evince maximise controls don't work at all because they have
somehow hidden the fvwm ones... clever breakage whatever they have
done. Haven't found another app with the same issue.

I was thinking of switching from fvwm to either fvwm2 or xfce (not a
gnome fan) but not sure now, atleast until those laptops are replaced. I
also love it's single config file and reliability (config screw ups and
load failures have happened on xfce in the past on Debian, many years
ago though).