On 3/18/20 3:59 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 4:26 AM Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2020-03-18, Jeffrey Walton <noloa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> According to https://man.openbsd.org/NetBSD-8.1/security.7#FORTIFY_SOURCE
>>> OpenBSD implements glibc bounds checking on certain functions. I am
>>> trying to detect FORTIFY_SOURCE without looking up operating system
>>> names and versions.
>>
>> That is a NetBSD manual page, it does not apply to OpenBSD.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I may be splitting hairs, but the pages title clearly says it is an
> OpenBSD man page.
>
> What is the purpose of supplying man pages for the wrong operating
> system? It wastes people's time and breaks search. This search does
> not produce expected results:
> https://www.google.com/search?q=FORTIFY_SOURCE+site%3Aopenbsd.org.
>
> If you really want to confuse folks, maybe OpenSD can supply Windows man
> pages.
>
> Jeff

What do you mean?
Do you mean "OpenBSD manual page server", which clearly states OpenBSD's
the just the server.
>From the NAME section: "security — NetBSD security features"
>From the DESCRIPTION section: "NetBSD supports a variety of security
    features"
>From the footer: "May 21, 2016         NetBSD-8.1"

On the entire page OpenBSD is only mentioned once, NetBSD 16 times, not
including the drop down menu allowing you to select your operating
system + version of choice.

To me this feels similar to someone coming to the list and asking why
they can't find snmpctl on their OpenBSD 6.6 machine, because some
search engine send them to a 6.5 or older page.