On 03-18 19:22, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> > Ingo -- I think using man.openbsd.org as a "testbed for all possible
> > man page hierarchies" incorrect.
>
> It was never a testbed, but a production service with several parts
> provided nowhere else (well, at least until FreeBSD followed our
> lead and started providing something very similar).
>
> For example, for DragonFly, Illumos, and NetBSD, semantic searching
> is neither supported by their native apropos(1) on the command line
> nor by their own websites.
>
> But since you have a point that such services hardly belong
> on *.openbsd.org, they are now on *.bsd.lv, where misunderstandings
> like the one witnessed above are unlikely to happen.

Providing a simple link from the man.openbsd.org page to the services
on *.bsd.lv might help those who are used to looking in the old
location, while avoiding possible "which bsd" confusion (maybe called
"Some other systems' manuals", or such).  Especially for those not
reading this thread.  Just a thought.

--
Luke Call
My thoughts:  http://lukecall.net  (updated 2020-03-13)