Wed, 18 Mar 2020 11:55:53 -0400 Jeffrey Walton <noloa...@gmail.com>
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:25 AM Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri
> <andreas.kah...@abc.se> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 10:59:21AM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > I may be splitting hairs, but the pages title clearly says it is an
> > > OpenBSD man page.
> >
> > I have no real connection to the OpenBSD project other than being a long
> > time user, and I have an interest in documentation.
> >
> > It says, at the top of the page, it says "OpenBSD manual page server",
> > i.e. it's a manual page server hosted by the OpenBSD project.  The
> > link that you mention contains the string "NetBSD-8.1" and the name
> > of the manual that you're looking at is "security — NetBSD security
> > features".  Also, "NetBSD-8.1" is repeated in the page footer and the
> > string "NetBSD" occurs many times throughout the page while "OpenBSD"
> > really only occurs once.
>
> Hovering the mouse over the open tab says "security(7) - OpenBSD man
> pages". I double checked it when I saw the references to NetBSD.
>
> Regarding the references to NetBSD, I thought your sed went sideways.
> I assumed OpenBSD and NetBSD were collaborating and shared code and
> docs in some places.
>
> Figuring out why the sed was broken was not my task at hand. I was on
> the site to figure out why my test for FORTIFY_SOURCE was failing. The
> admins can figure that out why the document conversion is not working
> they notice it.
>
> Jeff

Hi Jeffrey,

I find the ability to check other manual pages so valuable.  People are aware
when they make a mistake, it's theirs for not checking what they are actually
looking at.  Instead of blaming the service available for confusing them like
it's so popular online these days.  The confusion is yours, just please don't
request service degradation for the rest of us because ot that.  These online
manual pages are useful, let's all keep our eyes open and honest about it ;-)

Kind regards,
Anton Lazarov
MScEng EECSIT