On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 11:34:33PM +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> >It's not a DDoS.
>
> sure it is.

Your own customers aren't DDoS'ing you when they try to authenticate.  A
Distributed Denial of Service by definition is a computer crime with intent
to disable your services with malice, which this isn't.

> >Computers are almighty today,
>
> :D

Dude, back in '97 we ran an ISP on P120's and P166's.  Trust me.

<cut>

> >If RADIUS is too slow, start caching, memory is cheap.  There is a
> >lot of solutions and technical solutions around this.  And it's this
> >service
> >that people pay for anyhow.
>
> you pay taxes. so you pay for the firefighters. do you call them every
> minute to ask what to do in case there'd be really fire?

That isn't even comparable.  Comparable is going to the bathroom and it has
16000 doors.  Instead of taking the same damn door you take another whichever
you feel at the time.  And yes someone does clean that bathroom, they also
can use any door if they feel up to it.

> this attitude really sucks.
>
> you demand people/organizations to buy an IBM p595 just for running
> RADIUS, instead of letting their good ol' Ultra 2 running the next
> decade until it falls apart. you're wasting ressources and energy.

No, you will see that I am right.

> >You haven't heard of an mp3 concatenate utility
> >either right?
>
> no, and i certainly never will :)

Then perhaps I'll share when I get a hold of it.

> get a life, peter. please. there are *real* problems in the world outside...

? Just because my problem doesn't suit you ?  Sorry!

-peter

--
Here my ticker tape .signature #### My name is Peter Philipp #### lynx -dump
"http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pufferfish&oldid=20768394"; | sed -n