On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Jay Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I'll have to rescue the system if I can't login as root.
>  If I lose my /usr/local filesystem, I've probably lost the drive too.
>  I guess I have to ensure that I don't delete the bash package.

In UNIX, it is always recommended not to change root's shell.  This is
because, especially on commercially available systems, you have to
update the systems using whatever packages and assumptions built in.

In free UNIX systems, it is also recommended for similar reasons.  On
top of that, if you screw up, you can't call in for support so you
have to learn to know your system pretty well.

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk