Put that money aside, and use whatever crappy computer you have.  Most
people don't need the fastest whiz bang computers.

I typically only buy computers when I *absolutely* have to.  My main
laptop is a 4 year old box, and other than the new mb/ram I just
bought, all my other stuff is at least 6-8 years old.

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk