On Jan 25, 2010, at 11:20 AM, J.C. Roberts wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:34:08 -0500 nixlists <nixmli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> There is no certainty.
> There is only belief.

Tracing this discussion back to it's origins  earlier this month, I see the
problem as arising from a statement made by a Mathematician (DJB) about the
infallibility of his software when used with certain filesystems.

It is understandable for someone from a theoretical field (math) to assume
that there exists such a thing as certainty in real life... but unacceptable
in a software engineer. This kind of magical/deluded thinking is what makes
his software undesirable.

the unnamed individual (with such great faith in his mail system that he uses
gmail to correspond with us) is actually performing the valuable function of
helping me compose interview questions to weed out undesirable job applicants,
so let's try to keep this thread going as long as possible.