Hi all,

I got rid of my last issues with the telecine acquisition here. Got pnm
frames, scaled down etc...... filtered, all good. Dv files created, look nice.
And once encoded ... it's terrible.

I am using a straight forward command :

yuvdenoise -F -f | mpeg2enc -f 8 -4 2 -2 1 -r 16 -H -g 6 -G 15 -R 0 -D 10

Frames are deinterlaced (1:1 progressive scan camera).
-f since it went through y4mdenoise before, it may well be an overkill then.

So, in a nutshell some reels are under-exposed but the DV still looks
acceptable. Results are REALLY getting bad once encoded in mpeg2. It is
extremly blocky. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the result is
disapointing.
Any idea ?
I tried to make sure that I was not messing too much with -q, it does not
seem to affect the result... Or is it because I have a cheap and nasty
standalone player ?

Cheers