Could there be a way to have our nicely curated description cake and eat it
too? For example, interpolating data into the description and/or marking
data points which are referenced in the description (so as to mark it as
outdated when they change)?

I appreciate the potential benefits of generated descriptions (and other
things), but Monte's examples might have swayed me towards human
curated—when available.

--
EN Wikipedia user page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Brian.gerstle
IRC: bgerstle