Thank you Dmitry! Well phrased and to the point!

As for "templating", that might be the worst of both worlds; without the
flexibility and over-time improvement of automatic descriptions, but making
it harder for people to enter (compared to "free-style" text). We have a
Visual Editor on Wikipedia for a reason :-)