On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Tim Bunce wrote:

> Ignoring 'thread' (unsafe for production use) and 'debug' modes, the
> normal 'fork' mode means that each client gets a seperate ProxyServer
> process. And because of that, clients have no way to share connections
> with each other.

Is that necessarily the case?  Perhaps the parent server could handle the
connection-pooling and hand off live connection to the forked child.
That way you could get the best of both worlds - de-coupled clients and a
shared pool of database connections.

It seems to me that moving to a single-process architecture has some BIG
downsides when you consider the wide variation in database query runtimes.

-sam