On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Tim Bunce wrote:

> You're quite right, but both cases need to be allowed for as some
> database (notably Oracle) get upset if a child process tries to use a
> connection established by the parent process.

Interesting.  So Oracle snoops on the PID of the process calling it?  How
rude!  Or does it have some other mechanism I'm not aware of?

> But mixing a connection pool with fork mode ought work for some
> of the DBI drivers.
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. Does that mean you're volunteering? :-)

I'm willing to take a look at it...  I've never played with DBD::Proxy*,
although I've meant to.  Let me take a look and then I'll tell you if it's
something I think I could accomplish.

-sam