"G.W. Haywood" wrote:

> I'd like to see a mode added to DBI::ProxyServer whereby a single
> server process serviced multiple clients in a round-robin manner.
> Obviously in this mode there's a risk of slow queries cloging up
> (blocking) the proxy, but for many applications it would still be
> very useful. Most significantly it would enable connect_cached to
> be used to implement a (kind-of) connection pool.
>
> I'm sure there must be someone out there willing to have a go at
> implementing it. It can't be that hard.

IMO the best was to do this is as follows:

  1.) Create a new subclass of the Net::Daemon module, that is based on
      the select() call. It could work like Net::Daemon in mode
--single.
  2.) Make RPC::PlServer working with that class.
  3.) You are done.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)                      +49 711 7168586