> How can I 'cache' this data so that all Apache children can
> access it quickly? Is there a way to automatically update
> this cache periodically (say every 10 minutes)?

If possible with your data, it'd probably be a good idea to generate static
pages on-the-fly using mod_rewrite as in the related guide:
http://www.engelschall.com/pw/apache/rewriteguide/#ToC33.
You'll have to come up with a scheme to encode all query parameters in the
URL and you can then just remove old pages periodically. It works fine here
for a different application (thumbnails in arbitrary sizes generated
on-the-fly).

If that is out of the question, you can still use a simple filesystem-based
caching mechanism (by mapping query args to unique, safe filenames) or
something like IPC::Cache to cache the query results.

-mjy
--
Marinos J. Yannikos
Preisvergleich Internet Services AG, Linke Wienzeile 4/2/5, A-1060 Wien