On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Ajit Deshpande wrote:

> wouldnt such a system be better off hand-crafted with an
> RDBMS and nicely laid out perl modules? why would you
> want to get stuck with a proprietary application
> framework for such a case? technically/programmatically

maybe /you/ would. the real argument i'm making is that
there are tools to address the 80% case that do not exist.
so /everybody/ is hand crafting. that's just obviously
inefficient. in almost ever scenario i've been exposed to,
the 80% case doesn't justify a cottage industry.

oh - where did you get proprietary from? who suggested that?
not me.

> the gist of my argument is that systems like these just
> do not lend themselves very easily to the diverse
> web-app-infrastructure that enterprises will want to
> deploy.

you might be right, but i don't believe you :)