Lets pretend I work for Wired News, and I really really hate Vignette's
content management system. I mean *really* hate it. I'm the Ops guy
supporting it and I have nightmares about the next unexplained CMS
crash.

Ok, we all know mod_perl is the right choice to replace their system,
but what is the right way to go when you have a full news staff with
many stories going out six days a week, and about a million hits a day?

You need all the workflow tools for the news staff, versioning, stories
going live at defined times and dates, etc, etc. I don't have the exact
requirements, as I'm just trying to collect my thoughts right now, to
bring my ideas to the software guys in a couple days. I can get the
exact requirements if needed.

I like Mason's way of doing things, and it works for salon.com (similar
needs), but now that we have AxKit, is that the right way to go? Seems
better to force the separation of content and display, and using XML
allows the stories to be easily shared for display on affiliated sites.

Thoughts? I'm thinking of even donating my mediocre coding skills if
they take my advice on this - die Vignette!! I'll do my part to slay the
evil beast.

Oh, I mean if this wasn't all hypothetical - I wouldn't discuss internal
issues like this with the general public ;)
--
Nate

"Usenet isn't a right. It's a right, a left, and a swift uppercut to the
jaw."  -Computer Museum (Boston)