Both the suppositions are right! To have the proof-of-concept working in Apache, I do
have it working 100% under Apache 1.3.23/mod_perl-1.26. I had performed benchmark
studies under IIS/ASP, Tomcat/JSP and Apache/MOD_PERL and have seen the best
performance under Apache 1.3.23/Mod_Perl!

However to convince my bosses, it would be lot nicer to impress upon them with Apache
2.0.35/mod_perl-2 as it seems Apache 2.0.35 is supposed to be the best in terms of
performance. That greediness is what is pushing me to make it work under
Apache2/mod_perl-2.

Well, if things are in nascent phase I guess I should be content with what I have in
Apache 1.3.23.

Am wondering how AP-631/PPM/Apache2 users have not got into problems as I am seeing on
W2K.

Hoping for a possible fix soon!

Thanks,
Rex

Dave Rolsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> > I am a newbie and had developed a proof-of-concept application on Apache
>1.3.23/Mod_Perl-1.26-dev. We are researching into moving away from ASP/IIS
>Webapplications to Apache/Mod_Perl. I am stuck with the latest Apache 2.0.35 with the
>following problems.
>>
>> Do you really need to use Apache 2 and mod_perl 2?  Why not use the
>> proven 1.x series?  It's still pretty early to be using the new stuff.
>
>If he's on Windows, he'd probably want to use Apache 2 for performance
>reasons.
>

>-dave

>www.urth.org
>we await the New Sun

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/