Randy:

In order to keep my Apache 1.3.23/Mod_Perl-1.26 safe, I tried installing Apache
2.0.35/mod_perl-2 on a different NT 4.0 Server with ActivePerl 628.

PerlModule Apache2

WORKS!!!

However, when I write a simple Perl CGI page, it bombs at the notorious
RegistryCooker!!

Here is the error message for your perusal:

Server error!
Error message:
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar at
E:/Perl/site/lib/Apache2/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 45. BEGIN failed--compilation
aborted at E:/Perl/site/lib/Apache2/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 48. Compilation
failed in require at E:/Perl/site/lib/Apache2/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 11. BEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at E:/Perl/site/lib/Apache2/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 11.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 500
retail_office
04/16/02 08:55:25 PM
Apache/2.0.35 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_02-dev Perl/v5.6.1

Kindly help.

Thanks,
Rex

Randy Kobes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>That's because the LoadModule directive is needed to load
>mod_perl.so; reenable it to get rid of this error ...
>
>Do you have mod_perl-1 installed in the same Perl tree?
>If so, it may be that things are getting confused with
>trying to find the mod_perl-2 stuff under
>    \Perl\Site\lib\Apache2
>Perhaps try temporarily rename
>    \Perl\site\lib\Apache.pm
>    \Perl\site\lib\Apache
>to something else, and then also having a
>    use Apache2;
>in your start-up routine.
>
>best regards,
>randy

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/