On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Arul, Rex wrote:

> Randy:
>
> Thanks for your response. Here are my responses:
> >A few things to perhaps look at ...
> >
> >- does the service start OK, with mod_perl-2 enabled, if the
> >PerlRequire statement isn't there?
>
> Yes! Apache2 server starts fine under the 'Apache Monitor
> Services' Application tool, when I remove PerlRequire
> Statement. And on that Application, it clearly shows the
> server as : "Apache/2.0.35(Win32)mod_perl/1.99_02-dev
> Perl/v5.6.1"
>

> >- with the PerlRequire statement, does Apache2 start OK
> >from the console?
>
> For this test. I comment the LoadModule statement and am
> following your advisory in to to.i.e, All that I have in
> httpd.conf is
>
> PerlModule Apache2
>
> Now I am trying from command-line. Here is the error message
> that I am getting.
>
> C:\Apache\Apache2\bin>apache Syntax error on line 973 of
> C:/Apache/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Invalid command
> 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> inc luded in the server configuration

That's because the LoadModule directive is needed to load
mod_perl.so; reenable it to get rid of this error ...

Do you have mod_perl-1 installed in the same Perl tree?
If so, it may be that things are getting confused with
trying to find the mod_perl-2 stuff under
    \Perl\Site\lib\Apache2
Perhaps try temporarily rename
    \Perl\site\lib\Apache.pm
    \Perl\site\lib\Apache
to something else, and then also having a
    use Apache2;
in your start-up routine.

best regards,
randy