On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
> I am a newbie and had developed a proof-of-concept
> application on Apache 1.3.23/Mod_Perl-1.26-dev. We are
> researching into moving away from ASP/IIS Webapplications to
> Apache/Mod_Perl. I am stuck with the latest Apache 2.0.35
> with the following problems.
>
> Today I installed Apache 2.0.35 with Mod_Perl-2. However, I
> am not able to use PerlRequire Statement in the httpd.conf.
>
> Whenever I am trying to restart my Windows Services, it is
> always giving me an error message which does not allow me to
> start my Windows Services.

A few things to perhaps look at ...

- does the error message give some more specific hint of what
may be wrong?

- does the service start OK, with mod_perl-2 enabled, if the
PerlRequire statement isn't there?

- with the PerlRequire statement, does Apache2 start OK
from the console?

- if it does start OK from the console, does mod_perl
work with your application?

- if it doesn't start from the console, does moving the
effects of the PerlRequire statement to your application
work?

best regards,
randy kobes