Randy:

Thanks for your response. Here are my responses:
>A few things to perhaps look at ...
>
>- does the error message give some more specific hint of what
>may be wrong?

Not at all. "THE REQUESTED OPERATION HAS FAILED" -- This is the message that I get
from Apache Monitor Services application.

>- does the service start OK, with mod_perl-2 enabled, if the
>PerlRequire statement isn't there?

Yes! Apache2 server starts fine under the 'Apache Monitor Services' Application tool,
when I remove PerlRequire Statement. And on that Application, it clearly shows the
server as : "Apache/2.0.35(Win32)mod_perl/1.99_02-dev Perl/v5.6.1"

In order for this to work, I had to resort to:

If I give the command as you had mentioned somewhere as:

PerlModule Apache2

or in the startup script as:

use Apache2 ();

IT NEVER Works! The problem then basically comes back to Apache2 services not being
able to started up with no meaningful error messages. So at least to get the server up
and running, I had to put LoadModule command rather than PerlModule or the startup
script approach!

>- with the PerlRequire statement, does Apache2 start OK
>from the console?

For this test. I comment the LoadModule statement and am following your advisory in to
to.i.e, All that I have in httpd.conf is

PerlModule Apache2

Now I am trying from command-line. Here is the error message that I am getting.

C:\Apache\Apache2\bin>apache
Syntax error on line 973 of C:/Apache/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not inc
luded in the server configuration

>- if it does start OK from the console, does mod_perl
>work with your application?

Not Applicable.

>- if it doesn't start from the console, does moving the
>effects of the PerlRequire statement to your application
>work?

No.

Randy, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rex

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/