> FastCGI and PersistentPerl are both working equivalents to mod_perl
> with similar capabilities and performance.  They should work just
> fine with iPlanet.

Oh yeah????
Awesome. I will look into that.

> I don't see why that would be any different from what you currently
> have.  Any state mechanism requires cookies, URLs, or hidden form
> values for maintaining at least a unique ID on the client side.
> There is no other way to do it.

Agreed -- and I apologize for the confusion -- but I may be blowing
smoke from my lack of knowledge, and misstating my thoughts because of
false assumptions. What I mean is that before I had a custom access
handler installed to use MySQL without resorting to state management
other than the http NCSA Basic Authentication header, and I didn't
think I'd be able to use those tools to emulate the same methodology,
though I know I can get the same result with a redesign.

> Again, I don't understand what you think you're going to lose.  All
> the basic data available under mod_perl is available under everything
> else as well, albeit with a slightly different API.

Different is acceptable.
Thanks, Perrin -- that sort of feedback is the reason lists are so
handy.

Paul