Paul wrote:
> Looks like the FastCGI binaries are only available for Windows
> versions. We'll be on Sun Solaris, but I can probably recompile the
> source, if that doesn't cause the open-source police to come get me.

I'm afraid it's not as obvious how to do it as it is with mod_perl.  You
may need to ask on the mailing list.

> I still think we're miscommunicating, though. We weren't even using
> Apache::Registry; the CGI speed improvement of mod_perl is only of
> incidental interest to us. The API hooks were what we were using.
> FastCGI (as I understand it, e.g., from
> http://www.fastcgi.com/devkit/doc/fastcgi-whitepaper/fastcgi.htm )
> doesn't offer any API

Everything offers an API.  CGI is an API.

If I understand correctly, you just want to write a custom access
control thingy.  FastCGI calls that an "authorizer" and it is documented
in that whitepaper.

- Perrin