--- Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Perrin Harkins wrote:
> > Paul wrote:
> >
> >> I know there are servlets, but I was led to believe that I would
> >> almost be able to drop my mod_perl modules into the iPlanet
server,
> >> as if it has some equivelent functionality. If so, I can't find
any
> >> evidence of it, and I'm rather skeptical.
> >
> > I think your only hope is FastCGI, or PerlEx if you're running it
> > on Windows.
>
> Wait, there is also PersistentPerl (formerly SpeedyCGI), and Matt's
> PPerl.  Both on CPAN.
> - Perrin

The problem isn't so much the registry as the API.
I've done a lot of server customization, such as embedding the MySQL
database for flexible, customizable password access and such,
including:
- automatic forwarding to SLL at the same document URL (new protocol)
- making the server restricted by *default*, so only nonrestricted
  directories need to be specified (there are few)
- allowing .htaccess files to specify individual files and
  subdirectories with alternate passwords
etc.

I don't know how I'm going to do all that with iPlanet/LDAP without a
lot of recoding, probably in Java. :(