Matt Sergeant wrote:
I've done a lot on bayes for spam (I had an effective bayesian filter before
Paul Graham wrote his article on the subject), but there's not much in it
for a full talk. Maybe a lightning talk. Hmm...
That would be great Matt.

Funny how Paul Graham has become so synonymous with Bayesian probabilities isn't it? Your work preceeds his, Google "Page Rank" apparently uses Bayesians (pre-Graham) and, here in the UK, Autonomy (http://www.autonomy.com/) have been doing ground-breaking work for a few years now with Bayesians at the core of their technology. Despite this, Paul Graham is the first person people think of when you start to talk Bayesians, I wonder why?

--
Jonathan M. Hollin

Technical Director: Digital-Word Co. (http://digital-word.com/)
Co-ordinator: WYPUG (http://wypug.pm.org/)