On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> 2) The Perl Pet Store
>
> This would be a discussion of porting the J2EE Pet Store reference
> application to Perl.  It would cover Perl equivalents for various J2EE
> features, and talk about what was easier or harder to do in Perl.

I think this could make for an excellent talk.

Along similar lines, I'd be interested in hearing about Perl application
frameworks such as OpenInteract, progress of P5EE, etc. - any ammunition I
could use that would help displace the misconception that if an app
server/framework is required then it must be Java-based.