[Sorry if an identical message comes through later.  I don't think the
list manager liked my address the first time I sent it through.]

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with mod_perl 1.2.7 that's baffling me completely,
and I've been searching and reading for days, but I still can't figure
it out.  My apologies if this comes up frequently.  I did try rather
lengthy searches through the mailing list archives.

Right now, I'm using mod_perl 1.2.7 compiled into an apache 1.3.27
server running on a Solaris 9 (semi-current patches, though I can't
imagine that that's relevant) server.  I've written some fairly
straight-forward mod_perl scripts (using CGI.pm).  They take form
data from the user, process it, and stick it in a database (through
DBI).

So far, so good.  Everything works pretty well...  Except that
something's caching previously entered form data and displaying it back
to me as the default values in those same forms.  As an example, this
form has a text field that asks for IP addresses, and the text input
will occasionally be filled out with the IP address of a system that
you had entered a few minutes ago.

Naturally, I suspected that my browser was the guilty party, even
though I had specified '-1d' as the expiration time in the CGI header()
command.  It turns out that this is not the case.  The forms will
occasionally be pre-filled out with IP addresses that other people have
given!  I even went so far as to set up a network sniffer to verify
that the server was indeed setting (in the HTML it sent to the client)
the "value" parameter of the text fields to an IP address that another
user had previously entered.

Needless to say, my script is *not* setting the "default" or "value"
parameters for these text fields.  As an uneducated guess, I'd say that
each httpd child-process is automatically filling out forms with data
that it itself has previously received, but that's only a guess, and it
still doesn't get me any closer to figuring out why it's happening.

Can anyone offer any assistance or point me somewhere that I could find
some documentation on what's happening?  I'm completely baffled.

Thanks!

David