Perrin> On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 17:26, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> A simple $cgi->delete('ipaddress') to delete the value when I create
>> the field has done the trick.  Thanks very much to the both of you.

Perrin> I'm glad to hear that worked, but it's still worrisome that you were
Perrin> seeing data leak between different users.  The form widgets are only
Perrin> supposed to be sticky for values submitted on the current request.  It
Perrin> indicates either a bug in the way CGI.pm clears its variables under
Perrin> mod_perl or a bug in your script that could surface again later.

OK, throwing my hat into the ring here...

maybe *I* wasn't hallucinating then.  I just had a recent
fix to a longstanding bug in the picture section of my website...

I had been using CGI.pm (through Template::Plugin::CGI), and was
mystified because *occasionally* the wrong picture would show, but a
simple reload fixed it.

I fixed the bug by avoiding CGI.pm, and using Apache::Template's
"param" variable directly instead.

So maybe there is a CGI.pm bug with regarding to clearing out the
values in a mod_perl environment.  I wonder how simple of a test we
can concoct to determine that?

Lincoln, are you listening?