Hi Perrin,

Thank you for the response. At least it's better to know that the book is
not that bad in common sense. Let's try to talk a little (and with only
minimum of emotions) about the details that just pissed me off yesterday.
Every new book written about mod_perl is a very important event for the
community of all people participating in development and implementation of
this really good and progressive technology. This is a kind of our public
face. This is a way to promote our real achievements to people who do not
subscribe to this mailing list and do not read our on-line docs carefully.
Every good book about mod_perl achievements can result in better contracts
for each of us and can bring aboard new talented contributors. A bad book
can damage/destroy public interest and finally can kill this technology. We
all are in one boat over here. We should together refrain from doing
mistakes (at least publicly). Personally I fail to understand: Why would I
hesitate to ask list for a help being ordered to write (or review) things in
which I feel not quite expert? Of course, it is not mandatory to do when you
feel strong enough to take full responsibility for the result...

It's my firm belief that mod_perl-made web content compression is easy
recognizable and very important achievement of our community. It saves real
money and allows some real providers to serve higher content volumes without
increasing hardware and traffic expenditures. It might be a brilliant
promoter of mod_perl if/when being introduced appropriately...

Yes, I know that content compression is not in that common use to date, and
I know why. Even more - I know how to fix the situation. That was why I came
up here with my Apache::Dynagzip. It is really work horse: universal,
flexible, and easy configurable. To date there are no other module around
with close set of properties and options... And I can not write this in my
FAQ myself. Because it would be reasonably considered an impolite behavior.
That was a good chance with a new book...

I will be thinking about your idea concerning FAQ...

Thanks,
Slava