On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Patrick Galbraith wrote:

> Anyone on this list use AxKit? I'm curious how it pans out.
>
> I like the idea of XSLT/XML, though I find myself trying to read between
> the lines of hype vs. something that's actually very useful. I don't know,
> so I don't have any opinions. I do know I'd like to use XSLT/XML so as to
> have a project to use it for, hence learn it.

I'm just about to roll out a site using AxKit that has to do about 3
million hits/day out of the box.

The main reason I like AxKit is it prevents me from screwing up and
creating XSS bugs, because everything has to be well formed. I almost
never have to use html or URL encode/decode functions - I just write
straight perl code.

I barely notice that I'm using XML.

It's also worth noting that XSLT is a portable skill, with lots of great
offline tools.

It's also worth saying: never listen to hype. Evaluate solutions based on
your criteria. AxKit matches mine but it doesn't mean it will match yours.

Matt.