Hi Jesse,

It's nice to see that I'm not alone ;-)
Without trying to start a "religious war", I think all the debate can easily
slip to: "Is XML really useful?" I mean besides creating new job positions,
new software, new frameworks, new problems to be solved, some overhead over
processing simple text files, etc.
But I shouldn't go in there...

As for Java, unfortunately the Perl community is in my opinion in a no-win
situation. I've seen lots of people in managerial positions hardly knowing
how to read/write their emails using Outlook, not knowing that Perl even
exists, but giving lessons about the Java usefulness; to quote a recent one:
"You can't survive on the Internet today without Java".
There is a "technical snobbery" that is hard to defeat since snobbery itself
is human nature.

But what would I know? Quit cheap philosophy and back to work...

Lian Sebe, M.Sc.
Freelance Analyst-Programmer
www.programEz.net

"I'm not mad. I've been in bad mood for the last 30 years..."