Anyone on this list use AxKit? I'm curious how it pans out.

I like the idea of XSLT/XML, though I find myself trying to read between
the lines of hype vs. something that's actually very useful. I don't know,
so I don't have any opinions. I do know I'd like to use XSLT/XML so as to
have a project to use it for, hence learn it.

Not just that, but what about SOAP... Net RPC... I'd like to know where
those fit in as well.

I get so tired of Java types talking about how "perl is just a scripting
language.. it's not an application platform/server like
Dynamo/WebSpere/<insert $$$ java non-OS app here>". I even tried to crack
a particular Orielly java book and was turned off on a statement like
"Perl is good for proto-typing but not a full application server". Yes,
there are a lot of prototypes getting millions of pageviews a day and
generating signicifican revenue.

I'd like to see perl/mod_perl reclaim some of the lost ground.

--
Patrick Galbraith
Senior Software Developer