Perrin Harkins wrote:

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 12:22, Kip Hampton wrote:

Why choose one when you can have 'em all? :-)

Well, no offense to AxKit, but having multiple templating systems in a
single project is something that I specifically work to avoid. It
complicates things and typically hurts performance.

Developer time is always more costly than bigger iron so I prefer environments that let people use the tools that they know and can be nore rapidly productive with. AxKit lets me choose, and If I don't need it, I don't use it (or load it) but if I do, then its available.

If I had an
Apache::ASP app and wanted to use XSLT, I would just use the built-in
support for it.  If I had a Mason app, I would use XML::libXSLT
directly.

Certainly, and you wouldn't be wrong to do so. However, the instant you want to start applying different styles to content based on environemental conditions, or setting up chains of transformations, then you begin duplicating logic in your app code that AxKit already does well behind the scenes by adding a directive or two to your httpd.conf.

"Horses for courses" as the saying goes; personally, I prefer having more choices.

-kip