On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 09:32, Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:
> But I still get the same message...
>
> > [Mon Aug 04 09:31:57 2003] [error] Global $r object is not available. Set:
> >         PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
> > in httpd.conf at D:/Perl/lib/CGI.pm line 307.
> > Compilation failed in require at D:/htdocs/_startup.pl line 33.
>
> Is there anything else I can check other than the CGI.pm version?

First, check your conf file to be sure you have this turned on.  There
are docs related to it here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_GlobalRequest_

You can test it by writing a little handler (or Registry script) that
calls Apache->request().  That should return an Apache::RequestRec
object if all is well.  If it doesn't, you may have an old mod_perl 2
build or you may have found a bug.

If you can't get that to work, there is also the direct approach which
is to pass a RequestRec object to CGI.pm when you call the new()
method.  Registry scripts get a RequestRec object passed to them as
their first param, so you can just shift it into a variable (usually
called $r) and pass it as CGI->new($r).

- Perrin