> On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 12:08, Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:
> > Doesn't all this require that I actually get a running Apache server
> > first? The error message shows up when I try to start up the Apache
> > service!
>
> What?  That shouldn't happen unless something is calling CGI->new in
> your startup, which is a bad thing to do.  Maybe some script you're

You're absolutely right... Shame on me. The first homegrown module I was
importing did exactly that. It would try to get the user cookie right on
use(), which of course isn't very good practice. So I've modified it to get
it on first call of a certain method, and to return that same value on
subsequent calls.

Geez...

Now I have to transition all my scripts and other modules to mod_perl. Where
could I find examples of real-life conversion between normal CGI and
mod_perl? (Other than the perl.apache.org docs, which even though they're
great, lack real examples of what needs to be done for the really ugly types
of code...)

Thanks for bearing with me through this...

J-S

Jean-Sébastien Guay                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Developer, Hybride         http://www.hybride.com
Piedmont, Québec, Canada