Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:

So, did anyone have time to check this out? This is pretty major for me,
I can't implement mod_perl at my site until I find out what is causing
this crash and fix it. And I really have no idea what could be causing
it.

I'm using CGI.pm 2.98, Template-Toolkit 2.10, Apache/2.0.47 (Win32)
mod_perl/1.99_10-dev Perl/v5.8.0.

I'm willing to try this out using Apache 2 -- I've been meaning to take a look at Apache 2 for some now, but just never quite got around to it :-( -- but at the moment I can't even build it!

I've download httpd-2.0.47.tar.gz, unpacked it, cd'd to the top-level directory and typed "nmake /f makefile.win installr", which I believe should build and install (into the default location, C:\apache2) a release build of Apache 2.

However, that command produces this output:

==========
C:\Temp\httpd-2.0.47>nmake /f makefile.win installr

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

Please check out or download and unpack the Apache Portability Runtime
sources (apr, apr-iconv and apr-util) into your \srclib dir.
Apache cannot build without these libraries!

makefile.win(39) : fatal error U1050: Need \srclib\ apr, apr-iconv and apr-util

Stop.

If I look inside the "srclib" directory then I only find "apr", "apr-util" and "pcre", not "apr-iconv". Where is that supposed to come from?

How did you build Apache 2?

Steve