Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:
Stas,

One of the following will work.

PerlSwitches -Id:/htdocs

or

PerlSwitches -Mlib=d:/htdocs

Thanks, I'll try those.

But I still don't know

a) why Apache crashes (I know you can't repro, maybe someone else on
Win32 will, so this is stalled for now).
b) why my warnings don't show up in the error_log.

Do you have anything that could help me find the solution to b) ?

I think Randy should be back soon. He will certainly help with win32. It would be really nice to have a few more folks helping mod_perl on win32, to get some load off Randy. win32 guys, please come out from the lurker shadows and try to give your fellas some help.

As for the warnings, even though you can't see them you can fix them. You can't have lexical variables in registry scripts that are used in sub-routines defined in the same file. I gave you all the URLs to read more on the topic. the simplest solution is to turn them into globals (and make sure that they are always initialized, which you already do). if you run 5.6.0 and higher just s/my/our/; on all top level vars that are used in the subs defined in the same file.