On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:
> > Stas,
> >
> > I just checked, and when the Apache crash occurs, nothing gets written
> > to access_log. It would seem that the crash happens before the request
> > is logged.
>
> That's possible, but at least you can see that it's not IE
> that generates some followup request that causes the
> crash, but the original one.
>
> Now you need to get the crash backtrace. You probably need
> to start the server under debugger and get the backtrace
> from there. (don't ask me how to do that on win32 ;)

I'll be back next week, and I could take a look at it
then ... One can get a (mod_perl) backtrace on Win32
by compiling it with MP_DEBUG=1, and when the crash
happens, an option is presented to call up the debugger.

I haven't been able to follow this in detail yet, but
I noticed that Apache::Reload was being used. Does anything
change if this (or any other non-essential modules) aren't
used? In other words, can you pare things down to a working
version, and then start adding things until a crash is
invoked?

--
best regards,
randy